HIGHLIGHT YOUR WEDDING PRODUCT OR SERVICES
If you’re a business owner in the wedding industry, you’re most likely selling SOMETHING. You could be selling wedding invitations, wedding flowers or services such as photography or wedding planning! Whether it’s a physical product, or you offer some sort of professional service, you should find a way to show that off in an aesthetically pleasing way on all your posts on Instagram. Brides are on Instagram and showing off your best work can definitely get you noticed!
You need to be able to balance the act of selling and sharing work! You definitely do not want to be too pushy and selling all the time. The key is to be social!
BRIDES LOVE BEHIND THE SCENES
Brides are curious about what you are up too. By showing off some of what you do behind the scenes including sneak peaks, means you are fulling their curiosity and allowing them to see something that’s not often shared. This will get them excited about what to expect from you for their big day! You could show little details about what they can expect for a rustic wedding decor, different menu packages coming for the new season, style shoots and much more! The key is to make your brides feel feel special by giving them VIP access to your behind the scene work!
QUOTE, TIPS OR INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE
Try to share great quotes, tips or inspirational tips on your Instagram posts. Remember to stick to your brand! Use text driven images to share your message! We love wedding apps such as Canva or Pablo to create beautiful images. Be creative!
USE FLAT LAY OR STYLED IMAGE
Currently the most popular type of photos to post on Instagram is the flat lay style, sometimes referred to as an outfit grid (for clothing related images). And, it’s exactly what it sounds like. The product is laid out flat and the photo is taken from an aerial point of view. It does not have to be clothing. You can create a flat lay image with ANY product. This is popular so try to get into it! Keep your brand in mind as usual! With weddings, they are so many options to explore. Set a sample wedding table beautifully decorated décor elements or you can style a beautiful wedding floral arrangements. Just be creative and artsy.
5 WAYS TO ATTRACT BRIDES USING YOUR BLOG! FIND OUT HERE!
DON’T FORGET TO CREATE A CALL TO ACTION
A great way to engage and build great community on Instagram is by telling your audience to provide you with a direct response. You could ask them a question with your photo and have them answer you in the comments, or inform them about your newsletter or most recent blog post, requesting that they visit the link in your BIO. You can ask them “what colors are using for your wedding this year? Rustic or Elegant wedding? What’s your favorite cake flavor? What are you thinking as a father/daughter song? The possibilities are endless. You just need to keep your audience in engaged! The aim is give your fans an easy to follow instruction along with your images to create a more defined purpose.
Once you get going, you will notice some photos seem to get more likes and comments than the others. Keep track of what is popular and what does not work! Do more of what is working for you. Don’t forget to use hashtags! Use tags such as throwbackthursday or #motivationmonday. Definitely use tags with the words #weddings #brides #bridetobe #wedding2016 (put the year) etc. Find out which tags are popular and use this. Keep to 20 hashtags! I have often used up to 30, but I wouldn’t do more than that. If you do not use hash tags, you will not get engagement, trust us!
GIVE CREDIT, WHERE CREDIT IS DUE
Social media is really about being social and creating community. Only use promotion 30 percent of the time! The other 70 percent of the time should be used to share the culture of your brand, engaging with your followers and celebrating other vendors in your field. If share work that is not yours, don’t forget to give credit! If you share a wedding you were part of, you must give credit! Always credit other vendors! Posting about people you admire on your account is a way to give them applause and say thank you, and it also allows your followers to discover them.
Don’t forget to inspire your brides with great photos. Let them envision their wedding through the posts you share. This will ensure they connect with your work! Remember point 7? Give credit!
From the team at
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THE LOVE 🙂