Christmas Wedding Music
We have a great list below if you are looking for romantic Christmas wedding songs to play on your upcoming big day.
I love winter weddings.
Winter weddings are romantic, beautiful and magical.
The snow makes for the perfect backdrop; decorating with candles gives it that cozy atmosphere, and the wedding photos can be breathless.
As soon as December hits, I switch my playlist to Holiday music until at least mid-January.
There is nothing more beautiful than listening to Christmas music.
And if you have a wedding in December, there is nothing wrong with playing romantic Christmas songs.
Christmas wedding songs are guaranteed to get guests into the holiday spirit.
You might want to also check out this wedding reception playlist for more wedding song inspiration.
We created an epic list of the best and most festive Christmas songs for every wedding moment.
You can also ask your DJ if they can play instrumental Christmas wedding songs if you wish.
We curated some of the top Christmas love songs here, such as That’s What I Want for Christmas, I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm, Underneath the Tree and Santa Baby!
It was hard for me to pick the best romantic Christmas songs for my friend’s wedding.
They are all perfect.
So if you are looking for great Christmas love songs for weddings, I hope this list inspires you.
I had a great time going through and listening to every single song on the list.
If you are here looking for:
Romantic winter wedding songs for your big day
Winter weddings music to play during the reception
Or simply the best songs for a holiday wedding
Then you have come to the right place.
Music is the right entertainment for your wedding guest because everyone loves good music to dance to.
The list will help you create your wedding song list for your reception.
Feel free to work with your DJ or band to create a list of the best Christmas love songs for your wedding day.
Our ultimate goal, as with everything, is to ensure your pick the right song, a song that speaks volumes to you both as individuals.
So what are the best Christmas love songs for weddings?
Before we get started on our romantic Christmas wedding songs list, we wanted you to take the time to like our Facebook Page here! We also use affiliate links in our blog posts, meaning we can make a commission if you use any of our affiliate links.
If you are getting married this year, join our Bride Facebook here.
Don’t forget to check out the wedding printable shop for your wedding planning checklists, worksheets, and freebies.
Don’t forget to check out this amazing Wedding Song Checklist planner to help you organize your wedding day songs.
There’s no doubt that Christmas weddings are just so romantic.
They bring together the warmth and cheer of the holiday season.
With Christmas fast approaching, I thought it would be a great idea to share some of the most romantic Christmas music for couples planning winter wonderland weddings.
Here is a quick list of Christmas songs to play at a wedding:
Christmas songs you can dance to at a wedding
If you plan to party it up on your big day, then you want to consider this list.
It’s packed with some of the best Christmas songs for a party and a good time.
Most of the songs are about love, and they will have your guests twirling around on the dance floor and singing all night.
- A Christmas to Remember – Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers
- Step Into Christmas – Elton John
- All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- Last Christmas – Wham!
- Underneath The Tree – Kelly Christmas
- You Make It Feel Like Christmas – Gwen Stefani ft. Blake Shelton
- Here Comes Santa Claus – Elvis Presley
- This Christmas” by Mary J. Blige
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by *NSYNC
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Ciara
- Baby, It’s Christmas – Sally Boy
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Darlene Love
- This Christmas – CeeLo Green
- Let It, Snow! Let It, Snow! Let It, Snow – Frank Sinatra
- What Christmas Means To Me – John Legend and Stevie Wonder
- Oh, Santa! – Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande
- One More Sleep – Leona Lewis
- Don’t You Want Me – The Human League
- You and Me and Christmas – LeAnn Rimes
- Feliz Navidad – José Feliciano
- Holly Jolly Christmas – Michael Bublé
- Merry Christmas – Ed Sheeran and Elton John
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
- Christmas Time (Don’t Let the Bells End) – The Darkness
- Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys
- Thank God It’s Christmas – Queen
- Christmas Eve – Kelly Clarkson
- Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms
- Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes
- Wit It This Christmas – Ariana Grande
- Rockin Robin – The Jackson 5
- Like It’s Christmas – Jonas Brothers
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Stevie Wonder
- “Merry Christmas, Everyone” – Shakin Stevens
- Stay Another Day – East 17
- Christmas Tree Farm – Taylor Swift
Christmas wedding songs to walk down the aisle
In my opinion, selecting music for your wedding day is the most fun part of wedding planning!
But I know many couples tend to stress about this process a lot.
And finding the perfect song to walk down the aisle is even more stressful.
You want the right Christmas wedding song that means a lot to you as a couple.
You want to choose a song that best suits your love story.
- Ava Maria – Beyonce
- Kissing by the Mistletoe – Aretha Franklin
- All My Christmases – Jillian Edwards
- Christmas Isn’t Christmas” by Dan + Shay
- Song for a Winter’s Night – Sarah McLachlan
Background Holiday Music For Dinner or Cocktail Hour
During cocktail hour, you want to keep the mood going.
Your guests are mingling, having a few appetizers and having a holiday cocktail or two, you want to ensure that they are entertained with some games or background music.
Find the right Christmas wedding song list to play in the background during your cocktail hour and dinner.
Your cocktail hour would not feel complete without a great Christmas wedding playlist matching holiday vibes.
Here are a few amazing holiday wedding songs you can play during the cocktail and dinner:
- I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm – Ella Fitzgerald.
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Kelly Clarkson and John Legend
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas – Perry Como
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Luther Vandross
- Frosty the Snowman – Fiona Apple
- Merry Xmas, Everybody – Robbie Williams and Jamie Cullum
- Winter Wonderland – Darlene Love
- Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
- White Christmas – Meghan Trainer and Seth MacFarlane
- One Wish (For Christmas) – Whitney Houston
- My Favourite Things – Kelly Clarkson
- Don’t Save it All For Christmas Day – Celine Dion
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
- The Christmas Song – Céline Dion
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Ella Fitzgerald
- That’s What I Want for Christmas – Yolanda Rabun
- Winter Song – Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
- Driving Home for Christmas – Chris Rea
- Silent Night – The Temptations
First dance Christmas song
This short list of first dance song ideas would be perfect for your Christmas wedding.
The first dance song is usually one of the most important music pieces for your wedding day.
It’s that special moment when the newlyweds first hit the dance floor to share their first dance as a married couple.
Finding the best romantic Christmas songs for the first dance was tricky.
You might already have a song in mind, but if you don’t, we hope you can pick one from the list below.
- Mistletoe – Justin Beiber
- You Make it Feel Like Christmas – Neil Diamond.
- The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
- Merry Christmas, Baby – Elvis Presley
- Kiss Me It’s Christmas – Leona Lewis and Neyo
- Snowflakes of Love – Toni Braxton
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- I’d Like You For Christmas – Julie London
- Christmas Isn’t Christmas” by Dan + Shay
So what is the most romantic Christmas song for a first dance?
Which one did you pick for yourself?
Christmas Songs To Dance With Parents
These could work if you’re looking for great Christmas wedding songs you can use for a parent dance, such as a son/mother dance or father/daughter song.
- Christmas Through Your Eyes – Gloria Estefan
Holiday Wedding Bouquet Toss
Music can make (or break) the moment when it comes to the bouquet toss.
A bouquet toss is usually done later in the evening when all the single ladies line up to attempt to catch the bridal bouquet!
It is believed that whoever catches is next in line to walk down the aisle.
The bride passes on some good luck to her next girl pal by tossing this bouquet.
With your perfect winter wedding bouquet in tow, you must accompany your toss with an upbeat tempo or a song that makes sense.
Here is one we found.
- My Only Wish – Britney Spears
There you have the best winter wedding songs to play this holiday!
You now have the most magical Christmas wedding playlist to play on your big day this holiday season.
We rounded up the best Christmas wedding ideas to ensure your day is full of festive fun!
It’s a well-rounded Christmas dance song list guaranteed to make your wedding planning effortless.
Make sure you listen to the lyrics and ensure they match what you want for your big day.
Which of these Christmas love songs do you like the best?
Did we miss anything?
Please let us know which song and section it should go on.
We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
To ensure you keep all your wedding music organized and make it easy for the DJ to plan it all, I suggest you grab these easy-to-use wedding song list templates.
Plan not just your reception tunes but the entire wedding playlist with this detailed planner.
Read this next:
Check out our wedding printable shop to get more checklists, printables and everything you need to plan a wedding.
Follow us on Instagram for all the best wedding tips! And do not forget to join our new Facebook group dedicated to brides!