I have recently started using Instagram a lot more than I used to and I must say I love it. Like every business, we hate seeing all these new social platforms emerge every time we turn around. There is really nothing much we can do about it though. Social media needs to become your essential part of your every day marketing plan. If you want to be found, you need to make sure that your online presence is strong, clean and ready for your brides. Our current brides are online and they are tech savvy!
What is Instagram and will it help me book more brides?
Instagram is a phone-based photo and video sharing service. The photos are square like a polaroid and you can add a variety of filters to suit your taste. Do not filter photos from professional photographers.
Instagram was created in 2010 and bought by Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion. In 2013, Instagram grew by 23% while Facebook grew by only 3%, so there are a lot more people using Instagram than you might expect.
How can you leverage Instagram and book more clients?
- Sign up – It’s Free. Set up an account and make sure you put in as much relevant information as possible on the account. Keep your brand in mind when you set it up- Take a look at our Instagram here!
- Engage with your potential clients! One of the best parts of Instagram is the tags and conversations that can happen on an image. If someone comments or likes your post, thank them. It’s called being social!
- Photos…Try to post once a day on Instagram. Brides will follow you based on the type and style of photos you post. If you have a certain style and brand, stick to it! Your followers are following you for those reasons! We highly recommend you sharing relevant content that will attract your target market! Your target market should be newly engaged brides! By sharing relevant content, you send a focused message to those individuals.
- Return the favour! You need to follow other people on Instagram! The more you interact with others, the more they interact right back. If you posting a photo of a wedding that you collaborated with other vendors, don’t forget to tag them!
- #hashtag! Use Instagram the right way by incorporating the famous hashtags! Hashtag was originally invented with the launch of Twitter! But it can also be used with Instagram. I find posting at least 30 hashtags helps get you noticed! Think of Hashtags as keywords! Today, they’re essential to every social media platform and continue to serve a similar purpose with the addition of increasing your company’s reach, engagement, and overall visibility on Instagram.
If you would like to know what photos you should be posting on Instagram for engagement, read this post!
Contact us today for all your Social Media Marketing needs!
From the team at CW
#engaged #socialmedia #wedding