Want to start booking weddings right now? Use this guide to get started: “An Easy Guide to Booking more Weddings with Social Media” ! It’s simple and easy! It has actionable tips you can use to start booking brides. It does involve you making a few changes to your current social media platforms before starting. But that’s really easy! Join our Facebook group of other wedding professionals : “Wedding Professional Lounge” This is an up coming Facebook group where we share marketing tips on a daily basis!
Wedding blogs are extremely popular and it seems like everyone has a blog. If you are in the wedding business, you definitely want to have a wedding blog! How to start a successful Wedding Blog – Brides love content and information. The more information you give them the more they keep coming back to your blog and will eventually book you! We believe as wedding professionals you absolutely need to have a wedding blog! Did you know that your blog is the most powerful marketing tool for your business? We are obsessed with wedding blogs and so are potential brides. If used correctly, blogs can attract your ideal clients. If you would like to know more on how to attract your ideal bride with a blog, – Read this!
This blog may contain *affiliates link to it. This means, I make a commission if you purchase anything with an * next to it!
How to start a successful Wedding Blog
Here are six amazing reasons why wedding blogging is good for your business:
1. Great for SEOs and Ranking.
The more blogs you publish (for example: blogging for 45 days straight, the more pages you will index with Google. This is great for your website SEOs. Google just loves fresh content. Try blogging something every day to see how this helps you. You can start reducing it to 3 times per week, but we suggest starting full time if you are new to blogging to increase traffic to your blog and website. The more you blog, the more people will be able to find you on Google, the more brides you will be able to attract! Don’t forget to post your blog on Pinterest to really boost your traffic!
2. Blogging is great for building relationships
Your potential clients will get the chance to get to know all about you, learn what you do and appreciate your value more. The more trustworthy you are, the more client will share your work with other brides. Not only will you build a great relationship with clients but also with wedding vendors in the Industry. We suggest tagging them in your post and sharing your post with them. They are more likely to share it with their followers. This will get more views on your work that you might not have had.
3. Be the go to person
The more you blog and the more interesting information you share, the more brides will want to learn about you. Your blog should be designed to target brides. Don’t blog aimlessly. Share tips on how a bride can save money but still have an elegant wedding, 6 hidden fees that brides don’t think about, the go to vendors in your city, and brides will die to learn more from you. The more information you share the more people will subscribe and even when no one books right away, they will remember you and refer you as well. As potential brides do more research on planning their wedding, they will constantly land on your website and eventually book you especially if your posts are optimized for search engines.
4. Show off your work
Show off all your lovely weddings, style shoots and events. We would suggest taking it one step further, and post photos of your thank you cards from past brides! Adding the photos of your thank you cards right into your post on your blog is big as you can share this links with brides that have not booked you yet. You should be consistent with your blog posts, add videos and record podcast episodes if possible! This will set you apart from your competitors! Please pick one item if you start to feel overwhelmed (whatever you are comfortable with, all the options above does help)! What ever method you choose will work as they all allow you to demonstrate how much you know about the wedding industry which helps you prove that you are an expert in your field.
Blogging also allows you to write great content that is beneficial to your brides. The more couples are visiting your website, the more they will remember that you answered their most important questions about planning their wedding. This will set you apart from the competition. Look at your competition, are they writing blogs? are they constantly on social media? If not, you are ahead of the game! Start now and grow your business while you are ahead. Don’t forget to be consistent! If you are going to start a blog, do it and do it often. No point enticing your readers. If they love what they see, they will be back! Do not disappoint them with luck of posts.
You might also like: How Do You Stand Out From the Competition
5. It improves your social media platforms
Many wedding professionals use their social media profiles to tell potential client to book them and that’s about it. How many of you will hire a hair stylist because they posted ” Now booking new clients ” – ? Umm not me! Great for you for taking on new clients, but why should I book you and not book the next person! If your company is consistent in posting relevant information, that will help me as a potential client, I will definitely choose you over the next person! It’s a no brainer!
Examples of thing to blog about as a hair stylist: ” 5 tips to maintain hair during winter” , “10 tips for styling your hair for an event ” These are all exciting to me as a potential client! After you post share your blog! You will be able to break up a top 10 tips blog post into 10 separate tweets that link back to your post. That drives traffic back to your site where they can learn more about you, what you do and how you can help them. Read up on how to be a badass with your online presence here!
6. It gives your potential clients a reason to stay on your site (or to come to it in the first place)
Note to yourself: No one is coming to your website over and over and over just to read your “ABOUT US PAGE” or your :SERVICE PAGE”! And they say, you need to be in front of your clients at least 7 times before they make a purchase! The only way to do that is by BLOGGING and by BLOGGING the right way! When you have great content, even I will keep reading. I read about 7 blogs every morning. Give your brides something to read about every morning! When your website has nothing to offer, they aren’t going to remember you.
When you blog make sure your blog:
- has something they can remember you by and keep coming back
- Uses the right tone
- has amazing content
- Has great design work
- is approachable – connect with your brides
- Use the right software
We use WordPress and we swear by it even for SEOs as they have amazing plugins for this. And we host it with Blue Host! If you sign up below, *you get it for $3.45. That’s my price to you. This typically goes for between $5.95 and $7.99.
Here you have it, how to start a successful Wedding Blog! We hope this will help you grow your business! You need to be dedicated and work hard to achieve the goals that you want to see!
AFTER YOU PUBLISH YOUR BLOG, GO AHEAD AND FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO REALLY MAKE YOUR BLOG WORK FOR YOU!
Now here are the steps I did to set up my wedding blog. I am making money of my blog every day!
Step 1: Register your Domain Name
*You can click here to purchase a domain name and create a blog, then continue to follow the easy steps below to creating your wedding blog.
The very first thing you will need to do when starting a WordPress blog on Bluehost is to think about what you want your domain name to be. This can be tough, and I would give some serious thought to this.
Remember this is an extremely popular business and depending on how well you do, you might be in business for a while. Make it easy for everyone to remember but make it fun! Here are a few of my favorite bloggers.
Now that you have come up with an awesome name, it’s time to get your domain name, which you can get directly *through Bluehost! If you want a free host, you must sign up for the year (12 months to be illegible for a FREE hosting domain! The prices are even cheaper if you go with a full month package.
Step 2: The next step will be getting a host for your new wedding blog. Setting up your WordPress Blog Bluehost is really easy. Let’s talk about the cost of hosting a website.
- Choose to go with the basic package plan. This will cost you *the $2.95 per month per year using our link that we provide to you, if you sign up up front for 36 months.
- As we mentioned, the Basic plan is all you really need for now, so skip the Plus and Business Pro plans as they are more expensive. You can always change it later to a different plan if you want to (and just pay the difference), so there is no need to sign up for extra that you do not need.
- The other item you may want to pay for when it comes to blogging is Domain Privacy Protection, which is only $0.99 per month. This is so that your contact information stays safe.
- You do not need anything else so un check everything else.
- Remember, if you sign up using my link, then you will get your domain for free if you purchase a 12 month or longer blog hosting plan.
When you are ready to create your blog, follow the steps below to buy hosting for your blog.
- Go to *Bluehost and click the “Get Started Now” button.
- Click on the package you are interested in.
- Enter your domain name you registered with earlier, or sign up for a new domain name here.
- Enter your personal and payment information.
- Next you will be asked to enter a password. Make sure it’s secure as this information is very important.
Step 3: Connect your domain and your hosting
Skip this step if you are hosting through Bluehost.
If you buy your domain through another host such as Go Daddy, you will need to connect your domain to your hosting account. You can get the full support on doing that right here!
How to modify your DNS Nameservers when you are using Go Daddy for your domain and Bluehost for your hosting:
- Log into the GoDaddy.com Account Manager.
- Select Manage Domains from the Domain Names drop-down menu or the Manage Your Accountlist.
- Select the domain name you wish to modify using the checkboxes and then click Set Name Servers.
- Enter your updated name server information in the spaces provided under the blue Name Serversheading on the right side of your page and click Save Changes at the bottom. Your entries should look like this: ns1.bluehost.com; ns2.bluehost.com.
You will then need to add the domain you bought (such as through GoDaddy) as an add-on domain to your Bluehost web hosting. You can do this by clicking on “Domains” when logged into your Bluehost web hosting account and then clicking on “assign.” Follow the steps and it is very easy!
Step 4: This is my final step and it involves Installing WordPress
Okay, this is probably the step that all of you have been waiting for. If you want to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost then continue reading. WordPress is my favourite platform.
This part isn’t hard at all. Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog and it is FREE.
- When you are in your cPanel (you will receive a link to this in your welcome email from Bluehost), find and click on the image that says “One Click Install.”.
- Then, click on the WordPress icon on the next page located under “Blogs.”
- Click on the “Start” button. This will begin the installation.
- Once in the installation process, you will have to decide which domain you will want to install WordPress on. Click the drop down menu to the domain you plan on using.
- Now, you will see “Advanced Options.” This is where you choose your username and password for your WordPress website. You should choose something secure. Don’t use “Admin” as your username. For my website, I receive many hackers each and every day and that is the number one username they use to try to hack my website. Instead, create a username that is a combination of different letters, numbers, and anything else you can use. You will want to check “Automatically create a new database for this installation” as well, unless you already have a different database (if you don’t know, then you probably do not).
- Click “Install Now.”
- Remember to save your username and password.
WOOHOO! You now have a WordPress blog. Start blogging all things weddings and pretty. Send me links so I can share them. We have given you the tools “How to start a successful wedding blog”! Not get it going!
Don’t forget to make your site beautiful. In can download awesome themes to make gorgeous sites. I bought an absolutely gorgeous design from **Coded Creative. They are so great to work with. My theme for my current blog is *Mary Ellen and you can get it on Coded Creative theme *right here. Other themes that might be awesome for a wedding creative includes: The *Market theme and the *Style theme!
Join our Facebook Group: “Wedding Professional Lounge” This is an up coming Facebook group where we share marketing tips on a daily basis!