Budget wedding ideas that are elegant. Is this possible? Pick up any wedding magazine nowadays and anyone would believe you need to find a pot of gold to have a beautiful wedding. That’s simply not true. You can be on a tight budget and still pull off a beautifully elegant wedding. We’ve put together 5 ways in which you can achieve this.
Before we get started on the tips you can use to pay for a wedding, we wanted you to take the time to like our Facebook Page here! We also use affiliate links in our blog post which means we can make a commission if you use any of our affiliate links.
Sign up for your FREE wedding planning checklist here!
- Keep it simple – If in doubt always go with the simplest option that’s available to you. Keeping your color scheme in shades of White, Ivory or Grey is a great way to create continuity throughout the day, and you can always add splashes of colors to bring a touch of personality. Another way to add simplicity is to abolish clutter from tables. Think about the absolute necessities and stick to them. Not only will it be cheaper but it will also look much more elegant and classy. Budget wedding ideas should always simple.
- Stick to one theme – As we mentioned early, budget wedding ideas should always be kept as simple as possible. Setting a coherent style or theme for the whole day is essential if you want to create a beautiful atmosphere for your family and friends at your wedding. Make sure that all the elements that make up the theme you have chosen work together to create the feel you are going for instead of working against each other. Budget wedding ideas that are unique and reflect you as a couple works better. Also stay true to yourself and your instincts, this day is all about you and your partner, so make sure it represents who you are as a couple as nothing can be more beautiful than that on your special day.
- Limit the guest list – We know you could go for days adding people to your guest list, and it would be lovely to have close family and ex-colleagues from ten years ago, and everyone in between, but if you’re working on a budget and you are sourcing out wedding budget ideas and vendors that will work with your budget, then keeping it small is best. Rather than stretch your budget over a large number of guests, treat your nearest and dearest to an intimate and beautiful experience.
- Wedding Lighting – Any event space can be made to look beautiful with the right lighting, and it doesn’t have to cost you an arm a leg to get them either. You can hire lights for the day at a much cheaper cost than buying expensive set-ups. If you want a more professional look and if you want to save even more, think about the little details. The tables are a great way to set the mood with lighting and if you have an outdoor area think about getting lights of some sort out there too. Things like fairy lights or wedding decor lanterns are a great but inexpensive way to bring some light to the outdoors. Check out this post for more wedding budget ideas.
- Grand entrances – We all know that you and the groom will be the most beautiful part of the day so make your entrances grand! If your venue already has a dramatic entrance make use of it. Think about using things like lights, rose petals or even sparklers to make your entrance. Nobody is going to remember what tablecloths you used or how many flowers where at each table but they will remember you, so make any entrances or exits a thing to remember. You need to be creative when thinking up wedding budget ideas that will stand out.
You might also like other budget wedding ideas:
Did you love our Budget Wedding Ideas? If you did, Pin it to your wedding board.
Don’t forget to join our Wedding club for more tips on DIY Wedding Reception Ideas.