Wedding wish ideas to write on a wedding card
We are honoured to have Wedding Forward sponsor this post about ways to write heartfelt wedding wishes for newly married couples.
I love planning weddings and enjoy attending them as a guest even more.
It’s a beautiful event meant to celebrate the union of two loving people.
And with this in mind, it’s only natural that you wish the union of this newlywed couple well on their new journey as married people.
If you know you are attending a wedding soon, it’s only suitable that you bring a little gift along with you to give to the newlyweds.
Even if it’s just something as simple as a wedding card.
This way, you can express your best wishes to the newly married couple.
For a couple to invite you to their big day, it means they value you and want you there to witness their union.
It’s an honour.
And getting a wedding card and writing a meaningful message expressing your good wishes for their union is very much appreciated.
But I know most of us to struggle with what to write on a wedding card.
I know it’s challenging to come up with funny or cute wedding wishes for a couple.
We want to focus on wedding wishes and how you can write perfect wishes for the new couple.
Finding the perfect wedding wish card is easy; writing the couple’s wishes is typically hard.
Sentimental wedding congratulations messages that mean a lot
When two loving people decide to spend the rest of their lives together, their wedding day is a special occasion worth celebrating and showering with praise and well wishes
If you are here looking for wedding card wishes you can copy easily, you have come to the right place.
Finding words of congratulations to the new couple can sometimes be challenging.
Most people never know quite what to say when writing wedding cards.
Wedding congratulatory messages are typically written on wedding wishes cards, reception guest books or gift cards to encourage the newlyweds.
They are also known as wedding wishes, greetings cards and messages.
So how do you write the perfect wedding card wishes for the couple?
Before we get started on how to write wedding wishes for newlywed couples, we wanted you to take the time to like our Facebook Page here! We also use affiliate links in our blog posts, meaning we can make a commission if you use any of our affiliate links.
If you are getting married this year, join our Bride Facebook here.
Sign up for your FREE wedding planning checklist here!
And don’t forget to check out the printable wedding shop for your wedding planning checklists, worksheets, and freebies.
Tips for writing cute newly wedding wishes
Today we wanted to focus on creative things to write on a wedding card that you can send to the newly married or recently engaged couple.
If you have difficulty coming up with sentimental wedding wishes for the couple, you will enjoy this post!
Couples truly appreciate an awesome wedding congratulations, and it’s an excellent way for them to look back and read what you said about them and the day.
We will share our best tips for those unsure of what to write on a wedding card.
We are going to focus on the following:
Funny things to write on a wedding card
Tips on how to congratulate a friend on her wedding
Information on how to write wedding congratulations
And examples of wedding card wishes for everyone
Whatever you are having difficulties with, we hope to help you with all your needs.
What are the best wishes for newly married couples?
Keep reading below.
Wedding card etiquette to follow
Wedding wishes are short congratulatory messages you give or send to the newly married couple.
If you want to congratulate the newlyweds, getting a wedding card to go with your gift is the ideal and traditional way of doing things.
I wouldn’t send a text.
Please send or bring a wedding card if you are attending a wedding.
It doesn’t matter whether you are family, close friends, or distant acquaintances with the couple.
Wedding cards also work well to send out to newly engaged couples.
You can send your wedding cards anytime from when you first receive the wedding invitation to a few days after the big day.
If you are not attending the wedding for personal reasons, sending it out by mail is also okay.
If you were not invited to the wedding because the couple chose to have a more intimate wedding consisting of only the family or planned a destination wedding, mailing them a wedding card is also accepted.
A simple wedding message will do.
You don’t need to over-complicate what you write in your wedding wishes card.
But if you are stuck, we have plenty of examples of wedding wishes examples.
We came up with different ideas of what to say on a wedding card.
What to write on a wedding card
Finding the perfect Wedding wish message for the new couple can be complex.
Your wedding wishes must be sweet, sentimental, written in directions, and addressed to the couple.
It would be best if you customized it to suit the couple.
Don’t generalize it.
Lucky for you, we have a few wedding well wishes ideas for you to use when you are ready to write a message of congratulations to the newly married couple.
Wedding Forward has a complete list of wedding wishes you can use and be inspired with.
The article is beneficial if you are not exactly sure how long it should be, how short it should be, or even what to write.
But precisely what do you write on a wedding card?
You want to congratulate the couple on their union by including a heartfelt message.
Your wedding wish message has to speak to the couple, and this will depend on your relationship with them.
Don’t forget to thank them for including you in their special day.
And sign off sincerely.
Examples of Wedding Wishes For Newly Married Couples
If you are looking for a few examples of wedding wishes to share with the couple, we are happy to share a few that we love.
Here is a fantastic wedding wish example from Wedding Forward:
“I’m so proud that the two of you have found each other. I’m sure together, you will overcome all the storms in your life, thus making your marriage even stronger. Have a happy married life.”
This wedding wish is perfect for casual acquaintances.
And if you are a family member, this should work – below.
Here are a few other examples of wedding wishes for couples you haven’t known for too long:
- “Thank you for letting us share on your special day. We wish you all the happiness in the world.”
- “Wishing you happiness, love, and joy on your wedding day.”
- “Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life. Cheers!”
There are simple and straight to the point.
As you can see, your wedding wishes messages don’t have to be paragraphs long.
You can keep it short and sweet.
From a mother to her son:
Because this is family.
You might want to express your wishes for their marriage a little more.
It would be best to stick to a sentimental wedding wish or something cute and funny.
Here are an example of a wedding card well wishes from a mother to her son:
“A mother dreams her son will find someone who lightens his heart and allows his spirit to soar. A mother dreams that her son will find someone to walk beside him for a lifetime, sharing all of the joy and dividing the weight of adversity. A mother dreams that her son will find someone who understands his jokes, comforts his fears, and loves him as he is forever. As you marry your beautiful soulmate, my dreams are coming true, and both of you are wished a long, happy and wonderfully blessed life together!”
100 Best Wedding Wishes Messages For Bride and Groom
Now we will break it down a little more and provide a few more best wedding day wishes you can use for your card.
From short and sweet wedding wishes to thoughtful ones.
You can bookmark this page to find thoughtful wedding wishes you can use over and over, especially if you are invited to more weddings this year.
Formal wedding wishes for the couple
This section is for you if you are a colleague or are not too familiar with the couple for whatever reason.
These formal wedding messages will work just fine for you.
- Heartfelt congratulations on your wedding day! I wish you two a wonderful marriage!
- The warmest wedding wishes to the most lovely newlywed couple!
- Congratulations. We wish you both happiness, love, and prosperous married life!
- Congratulations to both of you on your special day! I hope your love for one another grows more robust over the years.
- Let love be the focal point of your daily life. May you find hope, peace and faith in each other’s arms.
- Best wishes on this beautiful journey as you build your new lives together.
- May the love you share today grow stronger as you grow old together.
- May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy.
- May your remarkable love story have no end, Happy wedding day!
- Congratulations, wishing you a great married life.
Simple congratulations quotes for weddings
For those looking for Short and sweet wedding wishes ideas, this section is for you.
You can use these short wedding congratulations messages on your card to the newlywed couple.
- Congratulations! I wish you an eternally happy and marvellous marriage.
- The warmest congratulations to the newlyweds! Wishing that you two have a wonderful life ahead!
- A heartfelt congratulations on your marriage! We are delighted to celebrate this special day with you and wish you the best in your married life!
- On this special day, you start a new life, you begin a new journey! Congratulations on your new adventure…
- Congratulations to a beautiful couple. Wishing you lots of love and happiness together
- Congratulations on tying the knot!
- Congratulations and best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- I wish you a wonderful marriage! Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your wedding. Have a happy day!
- Good luck with your new adventure! Congratulations!
Wedding wishes for a daughter
I love my daughters to death.
And even though they are still babies, I dream of their big day.
Especially the eldest, a princess, loves to play prince and princess every chance she gets.
If I were writing them a wishing wedding card, here is what it would say:
- As your mom, witnessing your union makes my heart sing. I am overjoyed to watch your love grow.
- My dear princess, you changed my life in so many unique ways. I couldn’t be prouder of the beautiful young woman you’ve become. Congratulations on stepping into this new chapter.
- It makes me so happy to see you marrying the love of your life. I always knew you’d find someone who cherishes you as much as I do—Here is to a lifetime of happiness.
- It tears me out that my little girl has become a beautiful grown lady and a wife. May you have all the happiness in the world!
- I have watched you blossom into a remarkable and beautiful young woman. Always know that I’m here for you no matter what. Congratulations, my forever baby!
- Your transition from the little fairy of mine to the pretty wife of another man is incredible to witness. Congrats, dear! May you have a wonderful little world together.
- Happy wedding day, my beautiful daughter and Son in law! May your married life ahead be full of love and excitement as your wedding day. Best of luck, lovebirds!
- Walking you down the aisle has always been my dream, and I am honoured to be able to do it finally. My heart aches to give a part of me to someone, but I know you will be content with my wonderful son-in-law. I wish you a magical married life ahead.
- I always knew you were special, and it warms my heart to see someone else love and appreciate you as much as I do. Congratulations on your special day, my dear daughter!
- Congratulations, my sweetheart, for finding the man of your dreams. May God strengthen your bond and enhance your love. Happy married life, my sweet daughter.
- Congratulations on your wedding, Honey! May you build a family compiled of joy, love and trust that will keep you safe forever!
Wedding wishes for son
As a parent, I know this is an emotional time for you.
A mother’s love for her son is extraordinary.
Here are a few wedding messages you can write on your card to your son or new son-in-law!
- Congratulations to the wonderful bride and groom! May you have many happy years together and earn many more honours as you do so. Your love will show the world that love can be as stunning, powerful, and timeless as you are.
- Congratulations to the little man of our house who is not so little anymore. Our blessing is with you!
- Congratulations on your wedding day, son, and I wish you a happy and prosperous married life that lasts forever! May you both be the example of a loving and caring couple and be the strength of each other.
- When I first held you in my arms, the first thing I wished for was a trustworthy hand to look after you, and look at how that wish has come true today!
- Thank you for bringing another intelligent, confident, beautiful woman to this family. Take love and blessings from mom on your wedding.
- My young boy has finally found his lady and is getting married! Nothing else would have satisfied me. I hope you and your partner find lasting contentment and joy together. Happy wedding.
- I’m thrilled you’ve found the heart of happiness: a loving, lifelong partner. May you be resilient enough to overcome life’s challenges with love and laughter in your hearts. Happy wedding, my dear!
- Congratulation, my dear son. May your married life be completed with love, understanding, and romance!
- Be a humble, understanding, kind, loving, and caring husband to your wife. I know you will try your best to be a great and supportive husband. Be blessed, my dear son.
- We have been looking forward to this day since we first held you in our arms—lots of best wishes for this new journey, our love. Congratulations.
Fun and cute wedding wishes for sister
Your sister is getting married, and you just picked up a wedding card.
Here are a few cute wedding wishes you can write on the card to her.
- Don’t mess this up! But in case you do, know that you can keep my gift… Congrats to my beautiful sister!
- To my one and only sister – I wish you nothing but happiness on this fantastic day.
- Don’t forget, now that you are married, you get to blame him for everything that goes wrong! Congrats on this beautiful day.
- I can’t believe my little sister, who swore up and down that boys were icky as we frolicked through our childhood summers, has finally found her prince charming. I know you’ll be thrilled together, and I couldn’t be happier for you! Congratulations to you both!
- Your relationship has all the right ingredients: a generous heap of love, a pinch of humour, a touch of romance, and a sprinkle of patience. Now, it needs the little “I do” to complete it. Congrats!
- I’m so happy for you! Now you can annoy someone else all the time that isn’t me! Have a great wedding sis…
- It is an honour to witness your marriage and vows—my best wishes for a life-together thing that brings you joy.
- I know you’ll probably be nervous on such a big day but try not to be! You’re marrying someone who makes you feel more loved and safe than anyone else. Enjoy a wonderful day!
- No one deserves love and happiness like you do, sis. I can’t explain how delighted I am that you have found it. Congratulations
- Congratulations to my sister on her wedding day. Here’s to perfect memories and happiness that are unending.
Fun wedding wishes for brother
Do you have a brother, or are you gaining a new brother-in-law?
These cute and sentimental wedding wishes will work perfectly!
Use these wedding card message ideas below, and be on your way.
We love our brothers no matter how annoying they can get.
This is for you…
- Being among you this day brings me the most incredible bliss. I give you my sincerest admiration and love. Cherish every moment of your new life together.
- You may be married, but you don’t have to grow up! Congratulations on your wedding!
- If life becomes complex and uncertain, you always know where to go to find peace and harmony – your family. And I’m so glad our big and happy family will expand soon. I wish you all the best in your marriage!
- Congratulations, Brother! My Heart is Smiling! Enjoy every moment of your love life.
- Congratulations on your marriage, brother! Wishing you a lifetime of togetherness and love!
- Cheers to the new bride and groom. May your future be full of countless blessings.
- Congratulations to the lovebirds! May you always be the reason for each other’s joy and peace! I wish you a happy married life ahead!
- Dear little brother, I wish you every blessing as you start a new life. You two look so perfect. I hope your life together is filled with joy and happiness. I love both of you very much.
- Dear Brother and Sister-In-Law, your love has always been exemplary and inspiring to all. Now that you are tying the knot, all my prayers go to you two!
- I wonder how such a beautiful girl fell for a lazy bone like you. Please don’t take her for granted! Take care of her always with complete sincerity.
- It’s pretty weird to see you, my brother, who used to pull my pigtails, getting married to a literal angel! Congratulations on your marriage, brother!
Funny wedding wishes examples.
And if you are looking for funny wishes for a newly married couple, we might have some great ideas for you to use.
Some future advice for the Groom: “the most effective way to remember your wedding anniversary is to forget it… once! We love you guys. Never change!”
“Our marriage advice: Love, honour and… never forget to leave the toilet seat down!”
Funny wedding wishes like these can really brighten anyone’s mood, and most couples will remember you this way and forever appreciate it.
If you are humorous, try to find funny wedding wishes ideas to write to the bride and groom!
The internet is full of them.
For example, these funny wedding messages:
“In life, we should always keep our eyes wide open. However, after marriage, it‘s better to close them! Congratulations and Good Luck!”
Or this one:
“A big day is coming up. You only have to make one decision at a wedding, so choose carefully!”
You can also find funny wedding greeting cards if you can’t find any creativity!
Here are a few more funny wedding card messages for the newly married couple:
- Thanks for the free booze. Best wishes for a long, happy marriage.
- Marriage is so beautiful. You have finally found that one person you get to annoy all through your life.
- I’ll tell you the secret of a happy marriage. It remains…a secret to all! Wishing you all the best of times ahead.
- You won‘t be a good wife if you don‘t accept your husband how he is! But you won‘t be a good wife if you let him do whatever he wants. So I wish you a perfectly balanced married life!
- Don’t forget, one person is always right in the marriage. If you’re a husband, it’s not you. This advice will make your life much easier. Congrats on your wedding!
- It’s a blessing to know that you want to annoy only one person for the rest of your life. Congratulations!
- I can see that the two of you are crazy in love with each other… I guess it will probably be complete madness from now on. Happy married life!
- No amount of wishes or luck is can protect you from the life of servitude that you are about to begin as a husband. Congratulations anyway, buddy.
- The two of you are meant for one another like peanut butter and jelly. I wish both of you a wonderful life together!
- Married life is not for the faint-hearted; ask my bank account manager! Congratulations!
Wedding Message For A Friend
If you are attending a wedding for a close friend of yours, maybe it is your BFF, then writing a personal message is the kindest thing you can do!
The best way to do this is to try to write something more personal to the two of you, a memory you have shared in the past or just a funny message!
Here are a few examples of wedding wishes for a friend:
- Once in a lifetime, you meet someone who changes everything!
- I wish you all the best things that marriage brings! Congratulations on your wedding!
- Congratulations on the start of something unique! much love, joy, success, health and happiness to you both on this happy occasion, dear friends!
- The most hearty wishes to both of you on the big day! I hope that you create a bunch of unforgettable memories and keep them forever in your treasury!
- On your special day, I wish that may your mutual love shine forever, and I wish you an abundance of beautiful memories to follow.
- Life is incredible when you are with someone you love in life, I know that you are in bliss right now I see no one is as happy as you are! I wish you all the happiness in life.
- Congratulations on your wedding! Sending you all my love and warmest wishes as you begin your own ‘happily ever after!’
- I figured you two were crazy in love with each other, but I didn’t think you were crazy enough to marry. Have a fantastic future ahead of you.
- With warm congratulations to an exceptional pair who have found their dearest moments in the happy life they share!
- May Your Life Together be full of love, and may your love be full of life
- Thanks for being my unbiological sister
- Congratulations on your wedding, dear friends!
- We put the party in the wedding party — Looking forward to your wedding. Congrats!
Romantic wedding wishes to your spouse.
Don’t forget to get something special for your significant other.
Wedding well wishes also apply to them.
They are the essential person in this new union.
Wedding Forward has some great quotes you can use.
“Do you know why the wedding ring is placed on the fourth finger? Because it’s the only one with a vein connected directly to your heart. I can’t wait to be your husband.”
”Your absence has not taught me to be alone, it merely has shown that when together, we cast a single shadow on the wall.”
And there you have it, wedding card message ideas to use!
We hope these have inspired you to write your sentimental wishes for the next wedding you attend.
Check out Wedding Forward for more wedding wishes you can use.
Read this next:
- Gifts to Get A Newly Engaged Bride
- Positive affirmations for couples
- Romantic anniversary wishes for wife
- Relationship goals for marriage
- Newlywed Bucket list ideas
*Wedding Forward sponsored this post. Thank you for supporting our sponsors!
Don’t forget to check out the wedding printable shop for other bridal shower games and decor printables, wedding planning checklists, worksheets, and freebies.
Follow us on Instagram for all the best wedding tips! And do not forget to join our new Facebook group dedicated to brides!