Top Country First Dance Songs 2022
We asked over 1000 brides to come with this epic list of First Dance country wedding songs!
And they did not disappoint.
These brides did not disappoint with their fantastic suggestions, from older country first dance songs to music that is a lot current.
There is just something so special country about country love songs.
You will love this list if you grew up listening to country music and are looking for romantic first-dance country songs to play at your wedding.
Choosing the right music for your wedding day is a big deal and the most stressful job couples often complain about.
This is usually because it is left to the last minute.
It can be a fun little wedding project you do with your soon-to-be partner.
Using this simple wedding song checklist, you can stay organized and stress-free.
Now back to country wedding songs.
I am not a big fan of country music, but lately, every song I listen to in this genre has me in tears.
These songs are just so beautiful and speak the truth.
As I mentioned earlier, I know just how stressful planning a wedding can get, and choosing a song for your first dance is just one task that can add to your stress.
For this reason, we asked a few fantastic brides planning their weddings what they thought were the most romantic country First Dance wedding songs for 2022 and 2023.
I was immediately bombarded with everyone’s choice of their first dance country wedding song.
You will find many fantastic country music songs with great lyrics that are the perfect choice for your first dance wedding song.
Many brides suggested and loved anything from Dan and shay, followed by Chris Stapleton!
You will also see a few song suggestions from these country singers, as they have a fantastic portfolio of country love songs to choose from.
Yours by Russell Dickerson was also a top contestant and extremely popular.
I also so plenty of recommendations for Tennessee Whiskey!
This one was the most recommended country wedding song for a first dance.
I enjoyed listening to You’re Still The One by Teddy Swim – the Shania Twain version.
It’s incredible, and I have it on repeat as I write this post.
I also fell in love with I swear by John Michael Montgomery, an oldie but a goodie.
This one could work if you are looking for some old first dance country songs for your special day.
I think it will make for the perfect country songs to slow dance to as a newlywed couple.
So if you doubt what song you should use for your day, we hope this list makes it easy for you to choose.
We created an epic list of the best country first dance songs you can rock out at your wedding this year.
We will be sharing:
100 Country first dance wedding songs
First dance wedding songs country 2022
Old and classy wedding dance songs
Make sure you have a good pen and paper as we are about to suggest some of the best country wedding songs for the first dance!
Coming up with a great wedding song list is a lot of work, and having one less thing to stress was our goal here.
You might want to also check out this wedding reception playlist for more wedding song inspiration.
And don’t be afraid to ask your DJ to help you pick a song if you are struggling.
Make sure you listen to the lyrics and that the song resonates with you.
It has to speak to your relationship with your new partner.
Whether you are looking for modern country first dance songs or the old school jam, we have something for everyone on this list.
So what is the best country first dance songs for your dance as a newly married couple?
Before we get started on our top list of First Dance country wedding songs, we wanted you to take the time to like our Facebook Page here! We also use affiliate links in our blog posts, meaning we can make a commission if you use any of our affiliate links.
If you are getting married this year, join our Bride Facebook here.
Don’t forget to check out the printable wedding shop for your wedding planning checklists, worksheets, and freebies.
Best country wedding first dance songs!
The first dance is usually done when you are first introduced as a married couple is an extraordinary moment.
You know the party won’t start until you make your grand entrance.
So finding the perfect song to dance to as a newlywed is a difficult decision for some couples.
And if you already have a song that means the world to both of you, then use it.
No need to go digging for another song.
The best country first dance songs should have a special meaning to you as a couple.
Use a song you can relate to, whether it’s a classic country first dance song or a much newer one.
Hopefully, the list below will make it easier for you to decide on a few country wedding songs for your first dance!
And then, you can narrow it down until you have one song that means more to you as a couple.
Romantic First Dance Wedding Country Songs
Here are a few fantastic first dance country wedding songs you will love for your day.
Over 1000 brides said they would dance to these songs on their day as they had special meaning.
You want that perfect song that speaks to your relationship.
I have been listening to a few romantic “slow country first dance wedding songs” over the last few days to get into the spirit of writing this post, and I have been impressed.
And when I say impressed, I mean tears have been shed.
If you and your partner are into country music, I am sure you will find a romantic song you can dance to from this list.
I know I had fun going throw the list of recommendations.
Enjoy this list of country wedding songs perfect for your first dance:
- You’re Still The One – Teddy Swim (Shania’s cover)
- Thank God – Kane Brown
- That’s What Love Is – Alexandra Kay
- Die A Happy Man – Thomas Rhett
- Heaven – Jason Aldean
- Steady Heart – Kameron Marlowe
- Promise To Love Her – Blane Howard
- My Side Of The Fence-Dan and Shay
- Better Together – Luke combs
- On My Way To You – Cody Johnson (Acoustic)
- Long Haul + Ian Munsick
- Leave You Alone – Kane Brown
- Infinite Love – Todd Chrisley + Sara Evans
- Tough Ones – Cooper Alan
- Whenever You Come Around – Vince Gill & Alison Krauss
- Take My Name – Parmalee
- With You I am – Cody Johnson
- Never Til Now – Ashley Cooke + Brett Young
- Growing old with you- Restless Road
- Then – Brad Paisley
- Come Home To You – Ian Munsick (stripped version)
- Rest Of Our Lives-Tim McGraw and faith hill
- Blessed – Thomas Rhett
- Can’t Have Mine – Dylan Scott
- You Make It Easy – Jason Aldean
- From The Ground Up – Dan + Shay
- Next Thing You Know – Jordan Davis
Forever After All – Luke Combs
- Joy of My Life- Chris Stapleton
- Dance With Me – Morgan Evans
- Tennessee Whiskey – Chris Stapleton
- In Case You Didn’t Know – Brett Young
- Speechless – Dan and Shay
- Cowboys & Angels – Dustin Lynch
- Yours – Russell Dickerson (wedding version)
- By Your Grace – Cody Johnson
- I Don’t Dance – Lee Brice
- Greatest Love Story – Lanco
- Simple Song – Chris Stapleton
- Detours – Jordan Davis
- My Life – Chris Stapleton
- Settle Me Down – Josh Abbott Band
- My Person (Wedding Version) – Spencer Crandall
- Can’t Have Mine – Dylan Scott
- You’re My Favorite – Jason Jones
- Here tonight- Brett Young (Acoustic)
- Nobody But You – Blake Shelton + Gwen Stefani
- Diamonds or Twine – Ryan Hurd
- You (wedding song) – Jason Cassidy
- Lady May – Tyler Childers
- God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
- Live Forever – Kane Brown
- Made For You – Jake Owen
- Beautiful Crazy – Luke Combs
- Sun to Me – Zach Bryan
- All Of The Above – T Carter
- In case You Didn’t Know – Brett Young
- You – Dan and Shay ( Acoustic)
Classic Country First Dance Songs
If you love country music and have listened to it your whole life, you will enjoy some of this list of the old first dance country wedding songs.
These classic country songs will forever have a special place in our hearts.
- You’re Still The One – Shania Twain
- Making Memories of Us – Keith Urban
- Forever and Ever Amen- Randy Travis
- Love is alive – The Judds
- You Had Me From Hello – Kenny Chesney
- You Decorated My Life – Kenny Rogers
- God Bless the Broken Road – Rascall Flatts
- Here To the Moon and Back – Dolly Parton
- Just You And I – Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle
- Amazed – Lonestar
- Look at us – Vince Gill
- It’s Your Love- Tim McGraw
- Now That I Found You – Terri Clark
- When I said I do – Clint Black
- Carried Away – George Strait
- I cross my heart – George Strait
- History In The Making – Darius Rucker
- I do (cherish you) – Mark Wills
- Keeper of the stars -Tracy Byrd
- Through the Years – Kenny Rogers
- When You Say Nothing At All – Alison Krauss
- Me & You – Kenny Chesney
- Hypnotize The Moon- Clay Walker
- My Best Friend – Tim McGraw
- She’s Everything – Brad Paisley
- Still Falling- Hunter Hayes
- No doubt about It – Neal McCoy
- From This Moment – Shania Twain
- Could I Have This Dance – Anne Murray
- You Won’t Ever Be Lonely- Andy Griggs
- I Swear – John Michael Montgomery
Upbeat First Dance Country Wedding Songs
This section is for you if you want something more upbeat and fun.
I love The Way You Love Me by Faith Hill.
- Glad You Exist – Dan + Shay (Acoustic)
- The Way You Love Me – Faith Hill
- Me Without You – Tim + The Glory Boys
- Big, Big Plans – Chris Lane (For Lauren)
- Done – Chris Janson
- Never Let You Go – Seckond Chaynce
- Heartbeat – Carrie Underwood
There you go, top country first dances songs as recommended by brides in 2022!
My tip on choosing the best country wedding first dance song is to be true to yourself.
You want a song that means the world to both of you.
For country lovers, you might like this list of top country songs to walk down the aisle or amazing country songs about dads and daughters.
These are not limited to first dances only.
You can also use them for a few other wedding dances, such as walking down the aisle.
We are going to write another post to address:
The perfect country songs for a wedding reception
Top country wedding processional songs from the new century
Popular country wedding songs for a bouquet toss
In the meantime, did we miss anything?
Do you have a favourite country first dance wedding song?
Please let us know which song and section it should go on.
We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
Which of these first dance songs will you go with?
To ensure you keep all your wedding music organized and make it easy for the DJ to plan it all, I suggest you grab these easy-to-use wedding song list templates.
Plan not just your reception tunes but the entire wedding playlist with this detailed planner.
You will love our country wedding theme blog posts if you love country weddings.
In the meantime, don’t forget to grab this wedding song checklist printable below:
- 15 Wedding Ceremony Songs
- Mother/ Daughter Wedding Songs
- 70+ Christmas Wedding Songs
- 100 Top Father-daughter songs
Check out our wedding printable shop to get more checklists, printables and everything you need to plan a wedding.
Follow us on Instagram for all the best wedding tips! And do not forget to join our new Facebook group dedicated to brides!