Bucket list ideas for married couples
Coming up with a bucket list for married couples was so fun to do.
I am constantly looking for romantic and adventurous things to do with my husband.
Once you get married, it doesn’t mean that you have to settle into this boring routine.
Even with kids, my husband and I are always looking for things to do together as a couple to keep things fresh and interesting.
If you haven’t read my list of romantic relationship goals for a marriage worth trying, you might want to give that a read first.
As you know, for a happy and successful marriage, you need to have relationship goals that work for both people.
To ensure your marriage works, you need to work on it.
And that’s why I came up with my own bucket list for married couples worth trying out this year.
Ask yourself this, when was the last time you and your partner made plans to do something fun just the two of you?
Did you follow through?
Life can get busy and hectic but you have to be intentional about your marriage and put that first.
As you know spending quality time with your partner is the best way to nurture intimacy in your marriage as well as to maintain a healthy romantic relationship.
Spending quality time together is one of the five love languages, so be sure to check out this list of the best bucket list for married couples and find a few activities you can do together.
The list below is packed with amazing cute couple things to do together.
So what do most married couples do together?
Before we get started on the best bucket list for married couples, we wanted you to take the time to like our Facebook Page here! We also use affiliate links in our blog posts which means we can make a commission if you use any of our affiliate links.
Don’t forget to grab the bucket list printable to write down your plans.
It’s perfect for couples that are just dating, newlyweds or those that have been married for a while.
I recommend it to friends who want to start their own bucket list ideas for husband and wife.
List of activities for married couples to do together:
Whether you are creating your “first year of marriage bucket list”, or simply your very first marriage bucket list, this list should guide you.
Creating this husband and wife bucket list was so fun, I hope you love the ideas we came up with.
30 Married couple bucket list ideas
- Go to a couples retreat (it could be a spa retreat)
- Volunteer once a month – find a place that means a lot to both of you.
- Get in shape together – staying healthy always has its benefit
- Plan a second honeymoon
- Attend a music festival – make it a weekend thing
- Plan a weekend getaway for just the two of you
- Make a couple’s time capsule together and open it on your 10th wedding anniversary
- Go for therapy – this is not only for bad times
- Go on a day trip – simply visit a few nearby cities and act like tourists for the day
- Get a couples massage to help relax and ease tension
- Have wild sex – try different positions, initiate it, be in charge
- Write each other love letters like when you were in high school
- Recreate your first date to every detail
- Start a new hobby – pick something you both would love to do
- Rewatch your wedding video
- Binge watch a new Netflix tv show and talk about it
- Travel to another country – My husband and I travelled to Mauritius and back to his childhood country France
- Create new memories for yourselves
- Start a new family tradition to carry on
- Renew your wedding vows
- Take a trip down memory lane by doing the things you used to love doing as a couple before getting married
- Learn a new language and speak the language to each other every day for a year
- Attend a 10-Day silent meditation retreat – it’s good for your mental health
- Start a side hustle that makes $150 a day such as becoming a proofreader or getting paid to write to pay for your new hobbies
- Meet your favourite celebrity – it could be at a concert, a movie premiere or an outing (I have gone to a Rihanna, Sean Paul and TLC concert and gone to see Trevor Noah & Russel Peters at their stand up shows)!
- Live abroad for 6 months to 1 year
- Plan an elegant and extravagant birthday party for each other – grab my party planning printable here
- Befriend another couple and go on a double date
- Go on a couple’s retreat just the two of you or with other couple friends
- Say “yes” to everything for a day
- Become financially independent
There you have it, my very own marriage bucket list!
Go ahead and make your own list using a few of the ideas listed in this post.
I hope you enjoyed our bucket list ideas for married couples designed to help you reignite your relationship to keep the spark alive.
And if you need more ideas, check out the ultimate couples bucket list!
We also have an epic list of romantic newlywed bucket lists worth doing.
This one is great for those that just got married.
If you feel like your long-term relationship or marriage is starting to flame out, these bucket list ideas will help revive your relationship, rekindle the romance, and make you fall in love all over again.
When we first fall in love, there’s excitement and passion.
As time goes by, things begin to stale out and in some cases, the excitement completely dries up.
It’s important to nurture your relationship and hence why I created this list.
No more wondering about things married couples do together – we have a full list of activities for married couples to do together!
Do you and your spouse have a couple’s bucket list of activities and adventures that you plan to do together?
If you do what cool items do you have on it?
Grab the bucket list printable to write down your bucket list.